Please see our affiliate notice, located on the sidebar. Thank you for supporting Scratch Made Food! & DIY Homemade Household!

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Encouraging Hearts and Home 02.11.2021

February 2021 Dinner Menu, How to Corner to Corner in HDC, Mix and Match Instant Pot Minestrone, and Green Chili Mac and Cheese are this week's featured posts!  

Hello and Welcome!


I have started a new journey for myself, working as a Private Chef for a local family a couple days a week. I do not know how long this new chapter in my journal of experiences will run, but there is a twist to the plot. The family menus are gluten and dairy, free...

Pear Creme Pie, naturally dairy free!


Cooking gluten-free and dairy-free is a new challenge for me, but one I am embracing wholeheartedly for their meals. Through the years in my blogging endeavors I have come across many talented gluten-free and dairy-free bloggers, and needless to say, I am calling upon their skills! Especially for baking. 


Embracing new challenges is what I have set myself up for, in these quieter retirement years. Plus it never hurts to learn new skills. But I must confess, I was so nervous (even though I know this family, I have worked for them in another position, which was very positive!) I remarked, that I felt like a contestant on The British Baking Show!

YIKES, even experienced cooks get nervous!

And to cement my first day in my own memories, I nicked my index finger quite deep with a knife and then baked Pear Creme Pies for the family to garner my future as their cook...fortunately for me, they had premade gluten-free pie crusts in the freezer! 

It seems it does not matter where or for whom, we are meant to experience life to its fullest!

Winter has come to visit in our little community!

And winter has come to our little community...

And now, it's time for this week's Encouraging Hearts & Home Blog Hop!

   
Introducing our team of Co-hosts! 
You may learn more about our team, right here
Thanks for joining in, we appreciate your visits, contributions, and comments!

Linda @ Apron Strings and other things.

Amy @ A Nest in the Rockies.

Jennifer @ Faithful Homestead.

Joanne @ Slices of Life.

Destiny @ Some Call it Destiny, and

Melynda @ Scratch Made Food! & DIY Homemade Household. 

Join your Encouraging Hearts & Home Co-Hosts each week for encouragement and support for your heart & your home. We hope to provide a space that builds each other up and lends a helping hand along the way. With all the negativity in the world, let's all shine a positive light!

   

Most Viewed Post:


My personal favorites:

How to Corner to Corner in HDC, one of my favorites this week!

How to Corner to Corner in HDC.  While I am a beginning knitter, I would also love to be good with a crochet hook!




Green Chili Mac and Cheese, one of my favorite this week!

Green Chili Mac and Cheese. This looks really good, we have smoked poblano peppers waiting in the freezer...


What will you be sharing today? And, thanks for joining in the fun, here at Scratch Made Food! & DIY Homemade Household!

Use the form below to share your family-friendly posts this week, and please consider these nice things you can do:

  • Follow and/or subscribe to your host's blog.
  • Visit a few other bloggers and show them your support. We all love getting comments, and who knows what inspiration you may find? Be sure to share the love--that's what a blog hop is all about!
  • Check out our Encouraging Hearts & Home Pinterest board where each host pins her 10 favorite posts each week.
  • Join us every Thursday!
  • If you are interested in co-hosting, contact Linda at Apron Strings & Other Things!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Would you like to comment?

  1. Thanks so much for hosting! I really appreciate the work and time you put in to host a party. I thank you too for visiting each link to pick out features....Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melynda, thanks so much for stopping by and dropping me a line! I usually link up with Linda, and hadn't realize there were so many other hosts for this party!

    I really appreciate the feature on my crochet tutorial! My knitting skills are very basic, but it's something I definitely would like to practice, and get better at. Knit garments are really incredible.

    And big congrats on the job! Private chef sounds awesome! Wish I could hire one for myself.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra, you are so welcome! Thank you for sharing with EHH!

      Delete

Comments always appreciated, at Scratch Made Food! Thank you for stopping by!